Elect Jack Smink in 2018 for District 2 Brevard County CommissionerJack Smink has a Common Sense Approach to:
My commitment will be to Brevard County and its citizens
To apply a common sense approach to every issue brought before me. I will make sound decisions by applying a strategic approach to long term planning for sound economic growth.
It is my belief that we, as Brevardians, are blessed with an abundance of diverse cultural resources. If we utilize those resources often, answers to difficult issues can be discovered. Sometimes all the knowledge needed is right in front of us. I will never hesitate to ask experienced professional and local citizens’ opinions when researching for an answer. I will also work with Federal and State Legislative Representatives to minimize the financial impacts of unfunded mandates.
Along with this common sense approach, transparency is crucial in my process of decision making. Transparency can be a very effective tool in finding common ground with other decision makers. It also further clarifies issues in a way that minimizes bad decisions which in the long run save the taxpayers resources and provides a clear resolve to the community. The old adage measure twice and cut once still rings true.
It is my implementation of these two principles that I believe will empower me to make good, sound decisions, impacting our community with a productive balance of minimum taxes, smaller government, economic and cultural development while strengthening our citizen’s rights.
- Motivated – relishes opportunities that are challenging
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Ability to function effectively in a semi-autonomous fashion
- Extensive network of local contacts
- Ability to quickly and efficiently identify and establish a network of internal and external contacts
- Possesses strong customer negotiation and problem solving skills
- Possesses strong personnel management and personnel productivity skills
- Possess strong motivational skills